Coordinator Information Downloads
Click here to view the 2022 Award Categories including topic titles for Photography, Posters & Science Writing.
Please find below information and helpful downloads for all our Oliphant Science Awards Coordinators to share with their staff and participants!
2022 Navigating the Oliphant Science Awards in your School (webinar recording)
Key Dates 2022
- Monday 10 January - Student registrations open.
- Look at Information at the Oliphant Science Awards website, distribute Student Information, Category Information and Rules to students.
- Friday 14 February - New & Country School Incentive closes
- Monday 21 February - Coordinator Webinar which this year, is not just for new coordinators. The changes for the 2022 competition will be outlined - the webinar is a good opportunity for you to ask any questions!
- Distribute Registration Forms - Negotiate a date with your students to return their Student Registration Form with enough time to complete your online registrations before the closing date (we would recommend giving students 13 May as the return deadline)
- Monday 4 April - Judging registrations open.
- Friday 20 May - Registrations to be completed & entered online; we recommend that you keep a copy of the forms for your records (SASTA does not require any copies unless specifically requested).
- Friday 20 May - Judging Registrations close.
- Friday 10 June - Friday 1 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry and Multimedia and reports for Programming, Apps and Robotics MUST be submitted online. Please ensure Electronic Cover Sheets are submitted with each entry (these can be downloaded by Coordinators via their Coordinators Login).
- From Wednesday 6 July - Round 1 Judging: Electronic Entries (Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry and Multimedia) sent out to judges. These must be judged and returned to SASTA by Sunday 24 July.
- Monday 25 - Friday 29 July - Crystal Investigations and Models & Inventions reports and risk assessments MUST be submitted online - this is NEW for 2022. Supporting documents for Games (Electronic Games or Supporting Videos for submission) may also be submitted. Visit the online project submission page for full details.
- Saturday 30 July - Programming, Apps & Robotics Judging Day (by appointment only!).
- Tuesday 2 August - Crystal Investigation, Games, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters to be delivered. Submission details will be given to all concerned coordinators closer to this date, as will instructions and dates for project collection.
- Wednesday 3 August - Round 2 Judging (Crystal Investigation, Games, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters)
- Friday 5 to Sunday 7 August - Open Day at Science Alive!
- Monday 8 August - Project collection day.
Open Day 2022
We’re very excited to partner with Science Alive! for our Open Day event in 2022!
Models & Inventions entries and winning entries from all other categories will be on display from Friday 5 August - Sunday 7 August 2022 at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
There will also be a range of come and try activities as well as a full program of exhibitions and science shows on offer from Science Alive!
- Friday 21 October - Presentation Ceremony (Invitation Only).
- All Participation and Highly Commended Certificates will be sent to Schools. Professional Development Certificates will be sent to judges.
- December - Topic titles for 2023 available on the Oliphant Science Awards website
Please be advised these dates are subject to change, times to be advised at a later date.