1. Information on how to enter, conditions of entry, category information and rules form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. SASTA reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants in its sole discretion and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
3. Entry is open only to South Australian School children in years Reception to 12.
4. By entering this competition, eligible entrants and their teachers acknowledge that they have received parental/guardian consent for the eligible entrant’s name, school and photograph to be displayed on the SASTA Website and published in other nominated forms of print and media.
5. SASTA's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
7. On issuing prizes SASTA and associated sponsors take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed, lost or stolen.
8. All entries unless otherwise stated must be collected as advised. Unclaimed entries will be destroyed following final advice of collection dates.
9. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SASTA (including its officers, employees and volunteers) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under SASTA’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by SASTA) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of SASTA; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize including attendance at events included as part of the prize
10. SASTA is the South Australian Science Teachers Association incorporating the Oliphant Science Awards Convenors, Committee and Volunteers.