The information super highway includes video, computer interactives and web pages.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the rules for Multimedia.
Click here to download a copy of the judging rubric.
A successful Oliphant Science Awards Multimedia entry:
- Has accurate science content.
- Has an impact on viewers and communicates ideas clearly.
- Will show creativity, originality and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates good technique and quality of production.
Rules for Multimedia:
- A group of up to 3 students can complete a Multimedia entry. The highest year level in the group will determine the year category of the entry.
- The multimedia production must be the student’s own work.
- A written report must include (dependant on which type of entry you have):
- The URL for the website. Please do not make any changes to your pages between submitting your entry and the Presentation Ceremony.
- A list of any software you used to create your video, interactive or web page
- A bibliography that contains all the sources of information you researched in creating your multimedia project. This includes all the books, websites, magazines and any people you have interviewed. If you quote directly from a source, you must use quotation marks and include a reference to the source of the quote.
- A discussion of any problems you had and how you overcame the problems.
- Acknowledgment of any assistance you had with editing, graphics, design or technical help with equipment or software used. (Students may get help with filming their video, but the core of the creation of the video must be the student’s own work.)
- Year R - 2: less than 100 words;
- Year 3 - 4 and 5 - 6: approximately 250 words;
- Year 7 - 8, 9 - 10, 11 - 12: do not exceed 500 words.
- Technical specifications:
- A video must be uploaded to YouTube as an unlisted video - link provided on a word document and submitted via the online submission process.
- Videos should run for no longer than 3 minutes.
- Web pages must be readable by current web browsers available on PC and Mac and include NO plug-ins other than those normally distributed with the browser.
- Web pages must be online - link provided on a Word document and submitted online.
- PowerPoint and interactives must be submitted via the online submission process.
In presenting your Multimedia entry (online submission ONLY)
- Cover sheet with your Student ID details (your Coordinator will give you this)
- Multimedia Formats: video (via a URL to an unlisted YouTube video) or Powerpoint (PPT). mp4 video files will NOT be accepted due to the size and difficulty uploading to the website.
- Electronic copy of your written report (PDF or Word)