Coordinator Information Downloads
Coordinator Registrations are currently closed - remember, if you've been a coordinator in the past, you'll need to re-register next year to participate in 2018
The Project Registration Form can be found on Page 25 of the Information Book or downloaded here
Key Dates 2018
- Look at Information on the website, Distribute Student Information, Category Information and Rules to students.
- Registration Forms - Negotiate a date with your students to return their Student Registration Form (before Thursday 21 June). (See Registrations section).
- Friday 8 June - Closing date for Rowe Scientific New & Country School Incentive applications
- Thursday 21 June - Registrations to be completed & entered online; we recommend that you keep a copy of the forms for your records (SASTA does not require any copies unless specifically requested). Please contact the SASTA office if you need any assistance in registering entries prior to this date (P: 8354 0006, E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday 22 June - Judges Registrations to be submitted to SASTA
- July School Holidays - Judges notified of allocations for Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia Categories.
- Monday 23 to Friday 27 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia entries are due at the SASTA office at 249 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville (corner of Chapman Street). Online web pages from the Multimedia category must be available from this date. Make sure Identification Labels have been firmly attached to each entry.
- From Tuesday 31 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia entries are sent out to judges. These must be judged and returned to SASTA by Monday 20 August
- Saturday 11 August - Computer Programming & Robotics entries are judged at a location yet to be determined between 9am - 1pm. Students will need to contact SASTA in late July/early August to arrange an appointment time.
- Friday 24 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters are due at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Ensure Identification Labels are firmly and clearly attached to each entry.
- Saturday 25 August, 9.00am - 1.00pm - Judging of Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon
- Sunday 26 August, 12noon - 4.00pm - Open Day Exhibition at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Gold Coin Donation admission, everyone is welcome
- Monday 27 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Coordinators to arrange collection of ALL PROJECTS from Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Please see Conditions of Entry for detailed information regarding our procedures with any uncollected entries.
- Friday 21 September - Presentation Ceremony (Invitation Only). The Presentation Ceremony will be held Years R - 7, 6.30pm - 7.45pm and Years 8 - 12, 8.15pm - 9.30pm (venue TBA)
- Participation and Highly Commended Certificates will be sent to Schools. Professional Development Certificates will be sent to judges.
- October 2018 - Early 2018 - BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Registrations and Awards for all place winners of the Models & Invention (Engineering) and Scientific Inquiry (Investigations)
- December 2018 - Topic titles for 2019 available on the Oliphant Science Awards website (www.oliphantscienceawards.com.au)