CANCELLED - Navigating the Oliphant Science Awards Workshop Session
Sadly due to low registrations - this session has been cancelled. If you have any questions please contact us.
Coordinator Information Downloads
Please find below information and helpful downloads for all our Oliphant Science Awards Coordinators to share with their staff and participants!
Key Dates 2019
- Look at Information at the website, distribute Student Information, Category Information and Rules to students.
- Registration Forms - Negotiate a date with your students to return their Student Registration Form (before Thursday 6 June)
- Thursday 6 June - Registrations to be completed & entered online; we recommend that you keep a copy of the forms for your records (SASTA does not require any copies unless specifically requested).
- Friday 7 June - Judges Registrations to be submitted to SASTA.
- Monday 24 June - Friday 12 July - Games entries are due at the SASTA office, 249 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville. Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry and Multimedia MUST be submitted online. Please ensure Identification Labels are submitted with each entry. Details for online submission requirements can be found here.
- End of June - Judges notified of allocations for Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia Categories.
- From Monday 22 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia entries are sent out to judges. These must be judged and returned to SASTA by Friday 16 August
- Saturday 10 August - Computer Programming & Robotics entries are judged at a location yet to be determined between 9am - 1pm. Students will need to book an appointment time online in late July/early August.
- Friday 23 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters are due at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Ensure Identification Labels are firmly and clearly attached to each entry.
- Saturday 24 August, 9.00am - 1.00pm - Judging of Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon
- Sunday 25 August, 12noon - 4.00pm - Open Day Exhibition at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Gold Coin Donation admission, everyone is welcome
- Monday 26 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Coordinators to arrange collection of ALL PROJECTS from Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Please see Conditions of Entry for detailed information regarding our procedures with any uncollected entries.
- Friday 20 September - Presentation Ceremony (Invitation Only). The Presentation Ceremony will be held Years R - 7, 6.30pm - 7.45pm and Years 8 - 12, 8.15pm - 9.30pm (Brighton Secondary School)
- Participation and Highly Commended Certificates will be sent to Schools. Professional Development Certificates will be sent to judges.
- October 2019 - Early 2020 - BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Registrations and Awards for all place winners of the Models & Invention (Engineering) and Scientific Inquiry (Investigations)
- December 2019 - Topic titles for 2020 available on the Oliphant Science Awards website (www.oliphantscienceawards.com.au)