Coordinator Information Downloads
Coordinator Registrations is open - remember, if you've been a coordinator in the past, you'll need to re-register to participate in 2017!
The Project Registration Form can be found on Page 26 of the Information Book or downloaded here
- Look at Information on the website, Distribute Student Information, Category Information and Rules to students.
- Registration Forms - Negotiate a date with your students to return their Student Registration Form (before Thursday 22 June). (See Registrations section).
- Friday 9 June - Closing date for Rowe Scientific New & Country School Incentive applications
- Thursday 22 June - Registrations to be completed & entered online; we recommend that you keep a copy of the forms for your records (SASTA does not require any copies unless specifically requested). Please contact the SASTA office if you need any assistance in registering entries prior to this date (P: 8354 0006, E: email@example.com)
- Friday 23 June - Judges Registrations to be submitted to SASTA
- July School Holidays - Judges notified of allocations for Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia Categories.
- Monday 24 to Friday 28 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia entries are due at the SASTA office at 249 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville (corner of Chapman Street). Online web pages from the Multimedia category must be available from this date. Make sure Identification Labels have been firmly attached to each entry.
- From Monday 31 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry, Games and Multimedia entries are sent out to judges. These must be judged and returned to SASTA by Monday 21 August
- Saturday 12 August - Computer Programming & Robotics entries are judged at a location yet to be determined between 9am - 1pm. Students will need to contact SASTA in late July/early August to arrange an appointment time.
- Friday 25 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters are due at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Ensure Identification Labels are firmly and clearly attached to each entry.
- Saturday 26 August, 9.00am - 1.00pm - Judging of Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography and Posters at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon
- Sunday 27 August, 12noon - 4.00pm - Open Day Exhibition at Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Gold Coin Donation admission, everyone is welcome
- Monday 28 August, 9.00am - 5.00pm - Coordinators to arrange collection of ALL PROJECTS from Festival Functions - 292 Findon Road, Findon. Please see Conditions of Entry for detailed information regarding our procedures with any uncollected entries.
- Friday 22 September - Presentation Ceremony (Invitation Only). The Presentation Ceremony will be held Years R - 7, 6.30pm - 7.45pm and Years 8 - 12, 8.15pm - 9.30pm (venue TBA)
- Participation and Highly Commended Certificates will be sent to Schools. Professional Development Certificates will be sent to judges.
- October 2017 - Early 2018 - BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Registrations and Awards for all place winners of the Models & Invention (Engineering) and Scientific Inquiry (Investigations)
- December 2017 - Topic titles for 2018 available on the Oliphant Science Awards website (www.oliphantscienceawards.com.au)