Coordinator Information Downloads
Please find below information and helpful downloads for all our Oliphant Science Awards Coordinators to share with their staff and participants!
2021 Navigating the Oliphant Science Awards in your School (webinar recording)
Key Dates 2021
- Look at Information at the Oliphant Science Awards website, distribute Student Information, Category Information and Rules to students.
- Distribute Registration Forms - Negotiate a date with your students to return their Student Registration Form with enough time to complete your online registrations before the closing date (we would recommend giving students 27 May as the return deadline)
- Thursday 3 June - Registrations to be completed & entered online; we recommend that you keep a copy of the forms for your records (SASTA does not require any copies unless specifically requested).
- Friday 4 June - Judges Registrations closing date.
- Thursday 1 July - Wednesday 21 July - Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry and Multimedia MUST be submitted online. We are also asking all Computer Programming, Apps and Robotics REPORTS ONLY to also be submitted online during this time. Please ensure Electronic Cover Sheets are submitted with each entry (these can be downloaded by Coordinators via their Coordinators Login).
- From Thursday 29 July - Round 1 Judging: Electronic Entries (Science Writing, Scientific Inquiry and Multimedia) sent out to judges. These must be judged and returned to SASTA by Thursday 13 August
- Saturday 7 August - Round 2 Judging: Computer Programming, Apps & Robotics.
- Thursday 19 August - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Games, Photography and Posters to be delivered. Submission details will be given to all concerned coordinators closer to this date, as will instructions and dates for project collection.
- Saturday 21 August - Round 3 Judging: Final Judging
- Friday 17 September - Presentation Ceremony (Invitation Only).
- Participation and Highly Commended Certificates will be sent to Schools. Professional Development Certificates will be sent to judges.
Due to the current uncertainity around the future of large community events, the Open Day event is not yet confirmed for 2021. Please be sure to keep a digital example of your project as all winning projects will be showcased on the SASTA Oliphant Science Awards website.
- December - Topic titles for 2022 available on the Oliphant Science Awards website