Online Judging Registrations for the 2021 competition are now open!!
We welcome all teachers including pre-service, TRT or retired teachers, along with science industry professionals as judges in the Oliphant Science Awards!
This competition gives volunteer judges an opportunity to view a broad range of projects from around the state. Participants can judge either in their own home or school (Electronic Categories ONLY) or at dedicated Judging Days.
Judges more often than not work as part of a judging team; this allows opportunities to network, gain ideas and inspiration. All judges will also receive a Professional Development Certificate upon completion of the competition.
Have you considered getting your science faculty involved in judging?
Find out some of the benefits from previous judges below:
- It enables collaboration with a colleague in the judging process. It is often helpful to use discussion to clarify your thoughts when judging an entry.
- Allows staff not familiar with the Oliphant Science Awards to be involved, and hopefully encourage them to promote future student entries within your school.
- In larger categories, it is far more effective to be working with others to streamline the judging process.
- Acts as a positive professional development activity with a whole faculty. Allows staff to see what students from other schools might be doing and therefore generated ideas for their own site
- For Faculty Judging: please email email@example.com directly with your school's faculty team details (estimated number of staff and category preferences).