About Oliphant Science Awards Judging
We welcome all teachers including; pre-service, TRT or retired teachers and science industry professionals to consider becoming an Oliphant Science Awards judge!
This competition gives judges an opportunity to view a broad range of projects from around the state. Judges can particpate either in their own home or school (Electronic Categories ONLY) or at a dedicated Judging Day's.
Judges usually work as part of a judging team therefore allowing opportunities to network, gain ideas and inspiration. All judges will also receive a Professional Development Certificate.
REGISTER TODAY TO JOIN THE 2020 JUDGING TEAM:
Have you considered your science faculty becoming involved in judging this year?
Find out some of the benefits from previous judges below:
- It enables collaboration with a colleague in the judging process. It is often helpful to use discussion to clarify your thoughts when judging an entry.
- Allows staff not familiar with the Oliphant Science Awards to be involved, and hopefully encourage them to promote future student entries within your school.
- In larger categories, it is far more effective to be working with others to streamline the judging process.
- Acts as a positive professional development activity with a whole faculty. Allows staff to see what students from other schools might be doing and therefore generated ideas for their own site
- For Faculty Judging: please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your school's faculty team details (estimated number of staff and category preferences).