Capture the moment forever. Tell your story through photography.
2021 Photography Titles:
- Paddock to Plate
- When Materials Fail?
- Hidden World
- Science of Safety
- Local Habitats
A successful Oliphant Science Awards Photography entry:
- Has accurate science content.
- Will communicate ideas clearly, each photograph expressing a single idea within the topic chosen.
- Will contain good quality photographs.
- Will have the photographs displayed effectively.
- Will show creativity and originality.
Rules for Photography:
- The photographs must be on one of the titles listed above.
- A group of up to 3 students can do a Photography entry. The highest year level in the group will determine the year category of the entry.
- The photography and ideas expressed must be the student’s own work.
- The photography can be either black and white or colour.
- A maximum of six photographs/images can be used per entry.
- Each photograph must be no larger than 25 cm x 20 cm.
- The photographs must be mounted on a single sheet of lightweight card no larger than 51 cm x 65 cm. No glass, wood or other heavy frame or backing is permitted.
- Each photograph must have a caption or short statement, linking it to the title.
- All production work must be done by the student including any special effects or manipulation (Commercial developing may be used).
- Any type of camera may be used.
- You must include a written statement of no more than 100 words which includes
- The make and model of the camera used.
- The developing / printing process used.
- Any special effects or manipulations used.
- Acknowledgment of any help.
In presenting your photography entry:
For the 2021 Competition, more information about the method for submission will be sent closer to the due date.
- You must attach your written statement about the camera and processing to the back of the entry.
- You must securely attach your Identification Label (your Coordinator will give you this label) to the front of your entry.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the rules for Photography.
Click here to download a copy of the judging rubric.