The information super highway includes video, computer interactives and web pages.
A successful Oliphant Science Awards Multimedia entry:
- Has accurate science content.
- Has an impact on viewers and communicates student science investigation ideas clearly.
- Will show creativity, originality and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates good technique and quality of production.
Rules for Multimedia:
- A group of up to 3 students can do a Multimedia entry. The highest year level in the group will determine the year category of the entry.
- The multimedia production must be the student’s own work.
- A written report must include (dependant on which type of entry you have):
- The URL for the website. Please do not make any changes to your pages between submitting your entry and the Presentation Ceremony.
- A list of any software you used to create your video, interactive or web page
- A bibliography that contains all the sources of information you researched in creating your multimedia project. This includes all the books, websites, magazines and any people you have interviewed. If you quote directly from a source, you must use quotation marks and include a reference to the source of the quote.
- A discussion of any problems you had and how you overcame those problems.
- Acknowledgment of any assistance you had with editing, graphics, design or technical help with equipment or software used. (Students may get help with filming their video, but the core of the creation of the video must be the student’s own work.)
- Year R – 2: less than 100 words;
- Year 3 – 5 and 6 – 7: approximately 250 words;
- Year 8, 9-10, 11-12: do not exceed 500 words.
- Technical specifications:
- A video must be playable on any computer.
- Videos should run for no more than 3 minutes
- Web pages must be readable by current web browsers available on PC and Mac and include NO plug-ins other than those normally distributed with the browser.
In presenting your Multimedia entry (online submission ONLY)
The following documents will need to be uploaded for your project:
- Cover sheet with your Student ID details (your Coordinator will give you this)
- Multimedia Formats: video (Mp4 or Mov), Powerpoint (PPT or MP4)
- Electronic copy of your written report (PDF or Word)
Multimedia Submissions Instructions:
If you are submitting a video or PowerPoint for your multimedia project, please note the maximum file size that can be uploaded through this website is 16MB. If your file is larger than 16MB you will need to use one of the options below. Please ensure you still upload your cover sheet and written report through the submission process below.
- Upload your video to Vimeo and send through the video link in a Word Document - instructions on how to do this can be found here. This shows you how to make your video private so only the judges can access it.
- If you have a Dropbox account you can upload the video and share the file with us - please send the invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a Google Drive account you can upload the video and share the file with us - please send the invitation to email@example.com
Click here to download a PDF copy of the rules for Multimedia.
Click here to download a copy of the judging rubric.