A picture tells a thousand words, so have your say.
2019 Poster Titles:
- The science of flight
- Issues around plastics
- Push / pull forces
- The ring of fire - tectonic forces
- The importance of the moon
- Science in my backyard
A successful Oliphant Science Awards Poster entry:
- Has a strong science message and accurate science content.
- Communicates a single idea clearly.
- Shows good quality artistic skills and imagination, giving the poster visual appeal.
- Uses minimal words (try using fewer than 25 words). The judges will favour entries that give a visual message without the use of a lot of text.
- Can be easily read from a distance.
Rules for Posters:
- The poster must be on one of the titles listed above.
- The poster must be the work of one person (No group entries or unacknowledged assistance by an adult).
- The poster must be the student’s own work.
- The poster must be original.
- The poster must be on lightweight card no larger than 51 cm x 65 cm. No glass, wood or other heavy frame or backing permitted.
- The poster must not weigh more than 200g.
- The poster may be a collage of other pictures or made using computer assisted graphics.
- The poster must be flat. (No three-dimensional material attached).
- The student’s name and school must not appear on the front of the Poster.
In presenting your poster entry
- You must securely attach your Identification Label (your Coordinator will give you this label) to the back of your entry.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the rules for Posters.
Click here to download a copy of the judging rubric.