Games are fun to play and fun to make, but they can have a serious point too. Create some fun and tell the world about science by making an award-winning game.
Both electronic and board games will be accepted in this category this year!
A successful Oliphant Science Awards Games entry:
- Is original, visually appealing, interesting and fun to play.
- Will have accurate scientific content.
- Will involve players in learning about the scientific content, not just winning by chance or good luck.
Rules for Games:
- A group of up to 3 students can do a Games entry. The highest year level in the group will determine the year category of the entry.
- The game must be the student’s own work.
- The rules of the game must be clear and easy to follow.
- You must identify the age group the game is intended for.
- Your entire game must be no larger than 60cm x 40cm x 20cm high (this includes any packaging) and must weigh less than 8kg, including the box.
- Your electronic game must be presented on a platform that is accessible by all digital devices (PC and Mac and/or Android and/or iOS) with your identification label provided on a cover sheet and any physical parts of the game submitted as per instructions below.
In presenting your Games entry:
- You must package your game in a strong box, making sure to strictly adhere to the dimensions above.
- You must clearly label all the parts of your game, because parts may become separated when the judges play your game or during transport.
- You must securely attach your Identification Label (your Coordinator will give you this label) to the outside of the box
Click here to download a PDF copy of the rules for Games.
Click here to download a copy of the judging rubric.